A story about Python... sort of

F. GEIGER fgeiger at datec.at
Thu Jul 3 14:16:32 EDT 2003

> (who can't learn it) involved on your project? It also (by design) makes
> previous C programmers productive very fast. Empirically - just look at
all

[OT] That's not a pro, that's a con on the C++ side. And actually that's the
reason why there's so much bad C++ software. A C programmer first has to
forget C to be able to program in C++ - well, to be able to program OO in
C++.

Best regards
Franz GEIGER

"Max Khesin" <max at cNOvSisiPonAtecMh.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:KwWMa.3332$Aw.3042 at twister.nyc.rr.com...
> import flame.*
> import sorry.*
> Ok, with all my respect to python, the stuff about C++ is a bunch of
hooey.
> Compilation time is the problem? Give me a break.
> 1) separate compilation?
> 2) precompiled headers?
> 3) tools that allow cluster compilation?
> 4) ever read 'large-scale c++ development' by Lacos? a must for large c++
> project. letter-envelope idiom to help compilation...etc.
> Anyway, if you are coding so fast that compilation time becomes a serious
> problem you are either
> a) the smartest and fastest programmer on earth
> b) are not thinking enough
>
> c++ is great when execution speed and memory efficiency is a must. It is
> hard to learn, but there are great benefits, and do you really want
halfwits
> (who can't learn it) involved on your project? It also (by design) makes
> previous C programmers productive very fast. Empirically - just look at
all
> the C++ projects on SF!
>
> max.
>

> --