Newbie question regarding py2exe.

Thomas Heller theller at python.net
Thu Jul 24 02:39:40 EDT 2003

Marco.LaRosa at csiro.au writes:

> Hi all,
>
> This is a dumb question and I apologise.
>
> I have just started using py2exe and no matter what I try, I can't get it to
> work.

The only thing (IMO) you can do severely wrong is to create your scripts
and your setup.py file in the lib/site-packages/py2exe directory. Use a
different directory for that.

> Sometimes modulefinder.py complains, other times its VersionInfo.py.

If you only get warnings, that's ok. They are warnings;-)
Look in the dist/... directory for an exe file (and the additional dlls/pyds).

Thomas