PyQT, Sharp Zaurus and color in the QTextBrowser

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Mon Jul 14 17:30:43 EDT 2003

Tim Gerla wrote:

> Very fun stuff. Someday I hope to have a Zaurus or similar device to
> toy with. Anyway, to actually be on topic, "proper" HTML (XHTML 1.0,
> and maybe HTML 4.0? I don't recall...) requires double-quotes to be
> used. Single quotes are illegal.

Are you certain about that?  It seems very unlikely that it would
outlaw use of single quotes when it is supposed to be XML-compatible,
and XML explicitly allows either single or double quotes around attributes.

I checked a page or two at W3C and couldn't find an obvious way to
prove that you are wrong, but I think the onus is on you to prove
that you are right here.

-Peter