Choosing the right framework

David McNab sorry_i_am_tired_of_spam at refuse.com
Wed Jul 16 19:32:16 EDT 2003

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 14:54:16 +0200, Carsten Gehling paused, took a deep
breath, then came out with:

> Oh how often this subject may come up...
>
> The thing is, I've come to the decision of abandoning PHP as much as
> possible (old projects still remain...), and use Python for all purposes.
> Reason: One language to fit it all (instead of having one language for
> webprogramming, one for batches, etc...)
>
> I stand now at the point where I must choose a framework for my web
> application development. I've skimmed a few: mod_python, pso and Zope.
> However, I cannot decide on which to choose.

I've been working on an HTML generation framework called 'pyWeb'. Just
posted to this ng yesterday, calling for testers.

You might like to visit http://www.freenet.org.nz/python/pyweb and have a
look.

Cheers
David