Voting Project Needs Python People

Alan Dechert adechert at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 21 17:55:59 EDT 2003

"Peter Hansen" <peter at engcorp.com> wrote in message
news:3F1C51BB.AC355795 at engcorp.com...
> Alan Dechert wrote:
> >
> > "Peter Hansen" <peter at engcorp.com> wrote in message
> > news:3F1C31B1.B44774BA at engcorp.com...

[snip]

> > > Is there a word missing in the above?  I can't parse it as-is, but it
> > > looks like it wants the word "many" after the word "great"...
> > >
> > Editing error.  I started to say, "the mother of all voting
modernization
> > projects."
> >
> > You get the idea.
>
> I do now.  Thanks.  "The mother of all" has a distinctly different
> character than "pulling together a great many".  One hopes there will
> not also be dozens of other such projects going on in parallel, wasting
> resources.

There are various public and private voting machine development efforts
going on, but nothing like ours.  I'm the guy when it comes to PC based open
source voting machine with a printer.  The reason I'm still at it is that
when people get the idea they'd like to work on such a thing and start
making inquiries, they wind up getting referred to me.  When it comes to the
top experts in this area, there really aren't very many -- and we tend to
know each other.  Some of the very top voting technology experts (e.g., Roy
Saltman and Doug Jones) are closely associated with this project.  Several
key people on our project were referrals from Stanford computer scientist
David Dill.  http://www.verifiedvoting.org/index.asp

Alan Dechert