Using Loops to track user input

Behrang Dadsetan ben at dadsetan.com
Sun Jul 6 18:31:58 EDT 2003

Behrang Dadsetan wrote:
> hokiegal99 wrote:
>
>> I don't understand how to use a loop to keep track of user input.
>> Could someone show me how to do what the program below does with a loop?
>>

> # If you are want to loop a fixed amount of time, as I understand a way
> # would be:
> sum = 0
> for i in xrange(10):
>    sum += input("Enter a number: ")
> average = sum/10
> print average

Ok, I just looked up the Reference documentation and
int(raw_input("prompt text")) would be probably better than my suggested
input() - like in the other anwsers you received.

One should maybe note that if the end average calculated should be a
float, then you need to use

sum = 0.0

and should the user entering the data be allowed to use float values you
will probably want to use

float(raw_input("prompt text"))

Regards, Ben.