Remote db connections possible with DCOracle2?

Dave Brueck dave at pythonapocrypha.com
Wed Jul 2 18:18:22 EDT 2003

On Wednesday 02 July 2003 02:13 pm, Skip Montanaro wrote:
> Connections to remote Oracle databases doesn't seem possible with
> DCOracle2. I have no problem making remote connections using Perl's
> DBI::Oracle package, so I know it's possible in theory.  Is this capability
> available in DCOracle2 but just not documented perhaps?

Actually, I've never used a _local_ database with DCOracle2, so it's very
possible but, IMO, very underdocumented too. :)

Use this style of connection string (all one line if it wraps):

user/password@(description=(address=(host=10.20.30.40)(protocol=tcp)(port=1521))(connect_data=(sid=dbsid)))

(changing the values of user, password, 10.20.30.40, and dbsid of course).

-Dave