Python Quiz

Anton Vredegoor anton at vredegoor.doge.nl
Wed Jul 16 16:27:12 EDT 2003

Duncan Booth <duncan at NOSPAMrcp.co.uk> wrote:

>At this year's ACCU conference, Guido talked somewhat about the history of
>Python. He said it was based on ABC, "other influences: Modula-3, C/C++ and
>even Smalltalk, Icon, Pascal, Algol-68". By my reckoning that makes two of
>the answers to question 4 correct.

Sorry to read that, poor Guido must have been lost in Time-loop
complexities. In fact Python is a direct descendant from Frank
Ostrowki's GFAbasic for the atari ST series. Once Guido realizes it he
will doubtlessly clear up the few remaining inconsistencies and we can
expect the magical Python 3000 to be fully compliant :-)

Anton