If stereo WAV file's both channels are identical, change format to mono for all files recursively

Raseliarison nirinA nirina at mail.blueline.mg
Mon Jul 21 00:43:40 EDT 2003

"Erik de Castro Lopo" wrote:
> Yes, dozens.
>
> As well as 8 and 16 bit integer PCM files, there are also 24
> and 32 bit integer PCM, 32 and 64 bit floating point PCM,
> A-law, u-law, at least 6 different forms of ADPCM (adaptive
> differential PCM), GSM6.10, MP3 and many, many more.
>
> Fortunately other than the ones listed above, all the others
> are pretty rare.

i found in my win98box a stereo wave file encoded in ADPCM 4 bits. of
course, an unknown format for wave module.
among all those file formats, i'm wondering which are supported by wave
module or can be manipulated with chunck module. maybe a silly question
but i'm neither a professional nor a semi-pro one.

--
nirinA