Odp: Newbie - No module named stdwin

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Wed Jul 9 14:40:18 EDT 2003

On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 17:07:18 +0200, "K" <milyon at wp.pl> wrote:

> > includes Tkinter; the other interfaces would be add-on packages.
> >
> > --amk
> ok thanks so how command can open a window ?

See my previous post, however usually in Python you don't need to
open a window, unless you are writing a full GUI program. So
maybe we need to ask what it is you are doing that requires that
you "open a window"?

To get user input use raw_input() function
To present info(error messages and results etc)
to the user use print statements.

If you want to draw graphics then OK maybe you do
need a window, but maybe the turtle package would do?

While programming GUI style is quite possible in Python, its
usually best to master the basics first!

Alan g.