Secure FTP in Python?

Behrang Dadsetan ben at dadsetan.com
Thu Jul 31 18:21:34 EDT 2003

d z e k y l wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'd like to write a small backup utility in Python, which would take
> advantage of Secure FTP to upload backup archives. Is there a library
> implementing SFTP in Python (something like ftplib)? Or is there some other
> (noncomplicated) way how secure uploading can be implemented in Python?
>
> Thank you for advice,
> Michal

I just read a posting about a new library building a secure tunnel for
whatever protocol you want. Or at least that is how I understood it
without looking into it at all :)

So try looking if you can not use stunnel at
http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/213238
+
ftplib

Regards, Ben.