mailbox_reader 1.0.2 -- Python module to read UNIX mailboxes sequentially.

Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz gradha at titanium.sabren.com
Sun Jul 13 06:07:53 EDT 2003

On 2003-07-12, Andrew Dalke <adalke at mindspring.com> wrote:
> Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz:
> >     The module provides two classes: Mailbox, a file-like
> >     object which allows you to iterate through the contents of
> >     a mailbox, and Email, an object which holds the individual
> >     emails returned by Mailbox.
>
> What does this do that the standard Python library doesn't support?
>   mailbox - http://python.org/doc/current/lib/module-mailbox.html
>       This module defines a number of classes that allow easy and uniform
>       access to mail messages in a (Unix) mailbox.
>   email - http://python.org/doc/current/lib/module-email.html
>      The email package is a library for managing email messages,

* python 1.5.2 support.

* last time I checked I was unable to use the mailbox module to read
  a mailbox, write it, and have them byte to byte identical. Didn't
  bother to check if this has changed, though:

 http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=f4c749a5.0201291538.2cd15616%40posting.google.com

* MUCH easier to use, open and read, you can't do much more.

* MUCH smaller. Easier to read the source and understand it.

* IHateUselessMixedCaseStyleThankYou. IHateEvenMore the_fact_that
  the standardpythonlibrary mixes so_many DifferentStylesTogether.

* personal fulfillment, I enjoy rewritting wheels.

--
 Please don't send me private copies of your public answers. Thanks.