Newbie question about Python & W2K Admin

Sean O'Connor soconnor at ibbotson.com
Thu Jul 24 16:28:09 EDT 2003

This doesn't do what you want, but it's an example of some win2k admin.

"""Perform user and group administration"""
import pythoncom
import win32com.client
import win32api
import winerror

UF_DONT_EXPIRE_PASSWD = 0x10000

def createGroup(computerName, groupName, groupDesc):
    try:
        obj = win32com.client.GetObject("WinNT://" + computerName)
        group = obj.Create("group", groupName)
        group.Put("Description", groupDesc)
        group.SetInfo()
        return group
    except pythoncom.com_error, (hr, msg, exc, arg):
        scode = exc[5]
        print win32api.FormatMessage(scode)[:-2]

def createUser(computerName, userName, password, fullname, description):
    try:
        obj = win32com.client.GetObject("WinNT://" + computerName)
        user = obj.Create("user", userName)
        user.SetInfo()
        user.SetPassword(password)
        user.Put("FullName", fullname)