QUESTION

Simon Bayling sfb at alysseum.com
Wed Jul 9 11:23:04 EDT 2003

Python is a popular programming language. The program "c:\python2.1
\Python.exe" is required to run applications written in Python, so it
most likely was installed by something else.

Check c:\python21\INSTALL.LOG if there is one, it should tell you the
date and time it was installed, if that's any help.

Regarding whether you can safely delete it or not...
That depends on where it came from. If it is required by another program,
that program will break if Python suddenly disappears.

In itself it is not going to be causing problems, and no-one here is
going to classify it as 'unecessary junk'! ;)

I suggest you go to a tutorial and start learning Python :)
If that doesn't interest you, try renaming the folder and using your PC
for a while... if nothing you want to keep suddenly breaks then you can
most likely safely remove it.

Cheers,
Simon.

Matt5883 at aol.com wrote in