python mode problem in emacs

Syver Enstad syver at inout.no
Fri Jul 11 09:40:09 EDT 2003

pygeek <member32992 at dbforums.com> writes:

> Hi everyone.
> I've just installed emacs 21.3.1 on my WinXP machine.
> I wanted to switch to Python mode then realized that
> my emacs lacked the 'python-mode.el' file. After downloading
> from python.org and byte-compiling the file,
> I went on to look for the file '.emacs' or 'emacs.el' to include a
> few lines of
> command so that emacs would load python-mode.
> I looked through and searched my hard drive, and there wasn't
> such a file
> by the name '.emacs' or 'emacs.el'. What's going on here? Where are
> the files?
> Can somebody help me?
> Thanks in advance.

I've think I've been through most of the problems you can encounter
using Emacs, Python and win32 together. There are various tricks one
has to do f.ex in order to get sourcelevel debugging to work (pdb gud
mode). Mail me or post to this list if you have any further problems
(I saw that your question was answered elsewhere).