Distutils output directory change?

Jordan Tucker jtuc at ev1.net
Mon Jul 28 11:42:01 EDT 2003

Hello,

I've just upgraded a box to 2.3c2 from 2.2.1 and I am trying to
compile an extension module with distutils. In my setup script I have
a list of sources with relative pathnames, e.g.
'../../common/helper.c' etc. Building with 2.2.1, the gcc command
generated worked: it used '-o build/temp.linux-i686-2.2/helper.o'. But
now building with 2.3c2 it generates the gcc command with '-o
build/temp.linux-i686-2.3/../../common/helper.o', using the complete
path that was specified in the setup script. This creates a problem
because then gcc cannot create the output file.

Is there a quick fix for this, a parameter I haven't seen in my
cursory glance at the docs and distutils source?

Thanks,
Jordan