Newbie Question: Abstract Class in Python

Ben Finney bignose-hates-spam at and-zip-does-too.com.au
Sun Jul 6 21:00:17 EDT 2003

On Mon, 07 Jul 2003 00:42:27 GMT, Kevin Bass wrote:
> I am only looking for an answer about creating an abstract class in
> Python and not a solution to a problem.  I am looking for a way to
> stop class instantiation of a class.  This should be a generic
> approach.

Python, in general, doesn't try to stop the programmer doing things, the
way many other languages do.  This is known in the community as the
"we're all consenting adults" philosophy.

If you can tell us why you'd want to prevent class instantiation, we can
discuss that.

--
 \          "It's a good thing we have gravity or else when birds died |
  `\             they'd just stay right up there. Hunters would be all |