[OT] RE: Possible use of Python for a voting machine demo project -- your feedback requested

Tony Meyer ta-meyer at ihug.co.nz
Tue Jul 22 21:33:39 EDT 2003

> Spelling variations cause some challenge.  For example,
> B WRIGHT
> BILL WRIGHT
> WILLIAM WRIGHT
> WILL WRIGHT
> WILIAM WRIGHT
> WILLIAM WRITE
> might all refer to the same person.

I don't understand you crazy Americans :)  Names aren't unique identifiers -
what happens when I write in "William Wright", meaning William Wright that
lives next door to me, and you write in "William Wright", meaning William
Wright who lives a few streets away from me? (Assuming that William Wright
wins, is the the first guy by that name who stands up that becomes
president?)

=Tony Meyer