Partition names with Python

Artur M. Piwko pipen at beast_tu_kielce.pl
Wed Jul 2 09:53:12 EDT 2003

In the darkest hour on Wed,  2 Jul 2003 11:17:49 +0300,
Erhan Ekici <erhan at uzem.itu.edu.tr> screamed:
> But some machines /proc/partition file is empty..
> But /etc/fstab contain drives names..(sda1,sda2,cdrom,floopy etc)
>
> For Example My Server(Slackware 9)'s /proc/partition file contain nothing.
> I must take partition names on all Linux(Redhat,Mandrake,Slackware etc)..
>
> Why do some machine's /proc/partition file contain nothing...

Yes, you have to compile it to kernel.

The best choice is /etc/mtab, imho.

Artur

--
Before the Goat of Mendes... we all must take our turn   |  Artur M. Piwko
Into the magic circle... where still the fire burns      |  mailto:s/_/./