Python vs. Perl vs. PHP?

Gerhard Häring gh at ghaering.de
Thu Jul 31 19:48:03 EDT 2003

Fazer wrote:
> Thanks for the reply!  I think I am going to give mod_python a try.
> Would I have to be root to install mod_python?

Either that or you need to have the privileges to compile Apache +
mod_python and run it on a nonprivileged port (> 1024).

> Because that's one of
> my biggest concerns.  I don't have root and I don't want to work on my
> windows machine since I am kind of more comfortable working on a Linux
> platform. [...]

mod_python works on Windows as well. The harder part is finding a web
hoster that will host mod_python apps (pythonhosting.com comes to mind).
I personally find it much easier to learn about system administration
and get my own dedicated server for EUR 39/month.

-- Gerhard