Business model for Open Source - advice wanted

Graeme Matthew gsmatthew at ozemail.com.au
Fri Jul 11 08:28:39 EDT 2003

Im working on a commercial application for a company to replace their
existing system. In python of course. Our aim is to distribute it
commercially and if a large number of people upgrade then we are planning on
donating some funds to the applicable open source associations. I think that
if anyone is going to make a commercial product from open source then the
expected bare minimum is to at least offer something for all those involved.

news:246a4e07.0307100613.fc2fc50 at posting.google.com...