Waiting for processes to finish under Solaris

Behrang Dadsetan ben at dadsetan.com
Tue Jul 15 15:56:50 EDT 2003

Wow.. that is a pretty nice shortcut indeed.. at least for the second
step of waiting for the process to end by itself!

It is also a very underdocumented feature.. :)) signal.SIG_DFL (0) is
documented as """SIG_DFL
This is one of two standard signal handling options; it will simply
perform the default function for the signal. For example, on most
systems the default action for SIGQUIT is to dump core and exit, while
the default action for SIGCLD is to simply ignore it. """
Hopefully it will NOT SIGQUIT it...
I can only test it tomorrow but if it works it will certainly give it a
performance boost. If it does not maybe some other signal is completed
ignored...
Pity I will have to probably run the watch script as the same user than
the process. I guess I will not be able to kill it otherwise.

Could you maybe find anything where you would say, could be done a
little more pythonic? :)

Thanks.
Ben.