How to save web pages for offline reading?

Will Stuyvesant hwlgw at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 22 02:38:12 EDT 2003

> [Sybren Stuvel]
> do "man wget" and you'll soon find out that there is an option to
> download all required files. Hint:
>
> --page-requisites
> 	This option causes Wget to download all the files that are necessary
> 	to properly display a given HTML page.  This includes such things as
> 	inlined images, sounds, and referenced stylesheets.

There is no "man wget" on Windows :-)
And unfortunately the GNU Windows port of wget I have (version
1-5-3-1) does not have that --page-requisites parameter.

I thought this whole thing would be easy with all those Python
internet modules in the standard distro: httplib, urllib, urllib2,
FancyURLxxx etc.  Being able to download a "complete" page *from
Python source* would be very nice for my particular application.

--
Behold the warranty ... the bold print giveth and the fine print
taketh away.