graph libraries

Brian Kelley bkelley at wi.mit.edu
Wed Jul 30 11:50:03 EDT 2003

Hi Andrew!  A couple more to pepper your list:

Graph Template Library
http://www.infosun.fmi.uni-passau.de/GTL/
Seems to have some fairly decent algorithms but I can't say much more
than that.

GNU Goblin Graph Library
http://www.math.uni-augsburg.de/opt/goblin.html
Good editors and layout support (not for molecules, of course).  Uses
TCL/TK to script but I think a python port would be minimal.

And of course, vflib has their own internal model that I have wrapped.
You can download it from http://frowns.sourceforge.net/

We could then go into the commercial libraries:

LEDA and it's java equivalent yWorks.  They also distribute BALL
http://www.algorithmic-solutions.com/enballbeschreibung.htm
a molecular modelling environment for protein prediction/docking and the
like.  Good academic license but pricey otherwise.

Tom's Graph Library -> great layout routines.

Brian.