Suggesting for overloading the assign operator

Rim rimbalaya at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 3 01:19:42 EDT 2003

> Do they not understand that '=' binds a name to an object?  Are

They do understand the binding to the object, but there are objects
that do not need explicit casting, like integers. As you know you can
say "name = 18" and name will become an int, but int was not
explicitely specified, it was infered by the interpreter, but as soon
as I extend int to myint, I suddenly have to do "name = myint(18)",
which I find annoying, but if that's the way it is so be it.

Thanks!
- Rim