default import path

GerritM gmuller at worldonline.nl
Mon Jul 28 14:40:46 EDT 2003

"Peter" <nospamjynyl at yahoo.co.nz> schreef in bericht
news:3f24c37e at news.maxnet.co.nz...

> <newbie question>
> How can I edit the default import path for Python under Windows?
>
> I want to use the piddle module.  So far, I've copied the unzipped
contents
> of the zip file to c:\prog~1\python\lib\site-packages, but how do I set it
> so this is automatically on the python path?
>
> (I don't want to have to manually add that directory every time.)
>
> TIA
>
> Peter

create a piddle.pth file in the main Python directory (c:\prog~1\python in
your case?), with the pathname of piddle as line of text in the file:
c:\prog~1\python\lib\site-packages\piddle
(check the last part, this is the directory on my machine)

kind regards, Gerrit
--
www.extra.research.philips.com/natlab/sysarch/