ANN: mailbox_reader 1.0.2 -- Python module to read UNIX mailboxes sequentially.

Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz gradha at titanium.sabren.com
Sat Jul 12 07:08:01 EDT 2003

DESCRIPTION

    The module provides two classes: Mailbox, a file-like object
    which allows you to iterate through the contents of a mailbox,
    and Email, an object which holds the individual emails returned by
    Mailbox. Mailbox inherits from Mailbox_base, but usually you don't
    need to even know about this class. Mailbox_base implements the
    file like mailbox reading part of the class, and the Email object
    creation. Use the Mailbox class in your code, which will always
    maintain the same API for backwards compatibility.

    This module has been written with simplicity in mind, and low memory
    consumption. Unless you do something bad, I estimate maximum memory
    consumption as twice the memory required by the largest email of
    the opened mailbox. But I'm guessing, maybe it is lower, like one
    time your biggest email.

DOWNLOAD

    http://gradha.sdf-eu.org/program/mailbox_reader.en.html
    http://www.vex.net/parnassus/
    http://freshmeat.net/

LICENSE

    GPL

--
 Please don't send me private copies of your public answers. Thanks.