XML <=> database

Moshe Zadka m at moshez.org
Wed Jul 16 08:25:53 EDT 2003

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003, vivek at cs.unipune.ernet.in wrote:

> Can someone please post a sample code for doing this..

Depends on the mocl-SQL XMLish language...and I, for one, am not going
to try and find "XML Integrator"'s DTD.

> Actually we trying to show the students how to use XML+Web+Database as it is
> one of the hottest technology in the market :-)

Then you're better off with Java. Java is much better at being a hot
technology, and if this is the motivation, then it's better the students
will not know how to program in Java than for them to not know how to
program in Python.
[My immediate take on XML+Web+Database is to use the database to
store a counter, to use the xml for <counter value="5"/> stringification
and destringification and then to show that counter. Or maybe I should
not say that, because someone might implement it...]
--
Moshe Zadka -- http://moshez.org/
Buffy: I don't like you hanging out with someone that... short.