emacs python-mode questions: C-c C-c and broken docstring fill

John J. Lee jjl at pobox.com
Sat Jul 26 20:47:58 EDT 2003

1. Why do I get this in my minibuffer when I do C-c C-c in a
python-mode buffer containing the following valid Python code?

Wrong type argument: sequencep, cpython

----START
#!/usr/bin/env python

print "hello, world"
----END

2. A while ago I 'upgraded' to a version of python-mode (from
somewhere on sourceforge, I think -- perhaps Python CVS, don't
remember) which somebody here claimed was able to fill comments
without needing blank lines before and after the comment.  It does do
that, but the new version also breaks filling text in docstrings
(under particular circumstances which I haven't figured out, but which
occurs very frequently).  I get something like: "The parameter start
is not the beginning of a python string".  Where does the latest
python-mode live, and is this fill bug with docstrings fixed?

John