Can't install csv parser

Dave Cole djc at object-craft.com.au
Mon Jul 14 00:25:12 EDT 2003

>> I'm hoping someone can help me.  I've downloaded the csv.pyd file
>> from http://www.object-craft.com.au/projects/csv/download.html and
>> put it into my C:\Python22\DLLs directory.

Bernard> Mmh...works for me - ActivePython 2.2.2 Are you sure you
Bernard> downloaded the pyd file corresponding to your python version?
Bernard> Running the MS "depends" utility on csv.pyd reveals that it
Bernard> only needs python22.dll, msvcrt.dll and kernel32.dll. Are
Bernard> these all on your PATH?

>> Traceback (most recent call last): File "<pyshell#0>", line 1, in ?
>> import csv

Bernard> What's pyshell? did you try from good ole trusty python.exe
Bernard> in a DOS box?

Try putting the .pyd in C:\Python22\Lib\site-packages

- Dave

--
http://www.object-craft.com.au