Python 2.3c2

the_rev_dharma_roadkill doug.hendricks at tnzi.com
Wed Jul 30 00:11:25 EDT 2003

Skip Montanaro <skip at pobox.com> wrote in message news:<mailman.1059149388.24352.python-list at python.org>...

>     Doug> Just grabbed and tried it on Tru64 5.1A (hp/compaq alpha ES40):
>     Doug> Looks good:
>     Doug> make test gives:
>     Doug> ............
>     Doug> 221 tests OK.
>     Doug> 34 tests skipped:
>     Doug>     test_aepack test_al test_audioop test_bsddb test_bsddb3 test_bz2
>     Doug>     test_cd test_cl test_curses test_dl test_email_codecs test_gdbm
>     Doug>     test_gl test_imageop test_imgfile test_linuxaudiodev test_locale
>     Doug>     test_macfs test_macostools test_mpz test_nis test_normalization
>     Doug>     test_ossaudiodev test_pep277 test_plistlib test_rgbimg
>     Doug>     test_scriptpackages test_socket_ssl test_socketserver
>     Doug>     test_sunaudiodev test_timeout test_urllibnet test_winreg
>     Doug>     test_winsound
>     Doug> Ask someone to teach regrtest.py about which tests are
>     Doug> expected to get skipped on osf1V5.
>
> Doug,
>
> Can you confirm that you anticipate those skips on osf1V5?  If so, I'll
> the appropriate entry in regrtest.py.
>
> Also, assuming you're connected to a network, can you try:
>
>     ./python Lib/test/regrtest.py -unetwork
>
> where you executed make test before?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Skip

Sorry!  I didn't look back here at this note until 2.3final was
released (some help I am).

I'm a python newbie so I'm not sure what to expect of test skipping.
We don't have berkeley db or gdbm.
We don't use our machine as a web server and most webby services are
shut off.
Our network and firewall are fairly restrictive.

On running ./python Lib/test/regrtest.py -unetwork
ON PYTHON 2.3FINAL
we get:
test test_socket_ssl crashed -- exceptions.IOError: [Errno socket
error] (61, 'Connection refused')
test test_timeout failed -- Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/u13/home/doug/python/Python-2.3/Lib/test/test_timeout.py",
line 127, in
 testRecvTimeout
    self.sock.connect(self.addr_remote)
  File "<string>", line 1, in connect
error: (61, 'Connection refused')
test test_urllibnet failed -- errors occurred; run in verbose mode for
details
222 tests OK.
3 tests failed:
    test_socket_ssl test_timeout test_urllibnet
30 tests skipped:
    test_aepack test_al test_audioop test_bsddb test_bsddb3 test_bz2
    test_cd test_cl test_curses test_dl test_email_codecs test_gdbm
    test_gl test_imageop test_imgfile test_linuxaudiodev test_locale
    test_macfs test_macostools test_mpz test_nis test_normalization
    test_ossaudiodev test_pep277 test_plistlib test_rgbimg
    test_scriptpackages test_sunaudiodev test_winreg test_winsound
Ask someone to teach regrtest.py about which tests are
expected to get skipped on osf1V5.

Again, sorry I didn't get back to you sooner.  I've only started to
look at Python in the last few weeks.

Doug