trying to connect to Amazon web services

python newbie noemail at nospam.com
Thu Jul 3 20:10:32 EDT 2003

This is what I get, by the way, when I running the script as shown in orig
post. (yes I'm using my actual numbers for wishlist id and for amazon
license). I inserted the 'number not shown' below.
-----------------

http://xml.amazon.com/onca/xml?v=1.0&f=xml&t=webservices-20&dev-t=<num not
shown>
&type=heavy&page=1&WishlistSearch=<num not shown>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "E:\MyProjects1\python\Amazon\getWishList.py", line 3, in ?
    mywishlist = amazon.searchByWishlist(' number not shown');
  File "E:\MyProjects1\python\Amazon\amazon.py", line 297, in
searchByWishlist
    return search("WishlistSearch", wishlistID, None, type, page,
license_key, h
ttp_proxy)
  File "E:\MyProjects1\python\Amazon\amazon.py", line 251, in search
    raise AmazonError, data.ErrorMsg
amazon.AmazonError: We encountered an error processing your request. Please
retr
y.

news:u0MMa.1116$ez7.28745829 at newssvr15.news.prodigy.com...