Threading issue: [Error 9]: bad file descriptor

Kevin other at cazabon.com
Sun Jul 6 03:26:34 EDT 2003

Has anyone else run into random IOErrors ([Error 9] bad file descriptor) in
multi-threaded Python apps?

I've searched the newsgroups, and the only references I can find to that
seem to be sporadically related to threading, but nobody seems to have a
"fix" or even a clear understanding of what the issue is.

The app I'm running into this with (once in a while... not really repeatable
predictably) is using 3 threads, and I'm using locks around all shared
objects.  The error seems to be happening mostly when I'm trying to delete a
temporary file that was originally created by a different thread.

ANy suggestions?  Thanks,

Kevin.