IMAP examples

Will Stuyvesant hwlgw at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 17 02:03:28 EDT 2003

> [Guyon Morée]
> I can't seem to find any decent examples on how to use the IMPALIB module.
> the docs aren't that sophisticated unfortunately.... the cookbook entry
> comes close, but i'd like to know if someone knows some nice examples
> somewhere.

I did not use it myself but there is an example in the book "Python
Standard Library" by Fredrik Lundh.  The example file is called
imaplib-example-1.py, maybe you can find it somewhere on the internet.

If my english was better I would love to help improve the python
documentation, most modules in the standard libraries lack good
examples how to *use* them with just a simple description.  And a
short motivation for the design of a module if possible like "just
copied the C API" or "Because of efficiency ..." or "We use a class
framework here because ...".  A gigantic task.  The PSL book by effbot
is great but it's a book.  And it needs a new version.