unittest problems

Richard Wesley hawkfish at trustedmedianetworks.com
Mon Jul 28 16:21:36 EDT 2003

Hi all -

I am trying to retrofit some units test into our code using the unittest
module.  I can get individual rewrites to work, but I am having trouble
writing the "one test to run them all and in the darkness bind them"
script.  There are two main sources of trouble:

- Test data that is stored next to the script that uses it;
- Several levels of scripts (top/utils/tests) with tests/data scattered
at all levels;

Are there any good examples out there of a more complex set of tests in
a multilevel tree/package with attached test data?  What about standard
conventions for hooking stuff together (suite(), etc.)?

TIA,

--

- rmgw

<http://www.trustedmedianetworks.com/>

Richard Wesley                                  Trusted Media Networks, Inc.

"Oh boy! Have you forgotten the plot again?"
                  - Rocket J. Squirrel