How to disable output messages of the child process, in spawnv( )?

nushin nushin2 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 23 14:50:34 EDT 2003

I'd like to disable the output of the process spawned by spawnv( )
API, but the catch is that i *have to* see the output of the parent
process making the  spawnv( ) call. Has anyone done that? I have some
pointers that by using dup2( ) API i might be able to do that, any
ideas how? Also, i have to spawn as an asynch call, using P_NOWAIT,
e.g.,:

os.spawnv(os.P_NOWAIT,'/usr/bin/python',('python','hello.py'),('>/dev/null
&'))

Regards,
BB (Nushin)