Tkinter and Mac OS X

Rune Hansen rune.hansen at sinsenveien83.com
Fri Jul 25 07:15:51 EDT 2003

Hi David, I believe the python (2.2.3) that comes with MacOS 10.2.x is
unable to use Tk out of the box. In other words it's not compiled with
the Tk libs present. Compiling Python 2.3c2 is a "no brainer", and I
guess downloads will be availible at
http://homepages.cwi.nl/~jack/macpython.html pending the release.
If you'd like to compile it your self follow the instructions in
Python[src]/Mac/OSX/README

regards

/rune