Container behaviour (was: print attitude)

Batista, Facundo FBatista at uniFON.com.ar
Tue Jul 8 10:42:42 EDT 2003

#- Personally, I think the internal difference between str and repr hits
#- right upon a proper difference:  str is for a "reasonable"
#- human-readable representation, and repr is for as faithful and
#- informative a representation as possible.  These both have their uses
#- and I approve of the distinction.

Beyond the specific utilization of str or repr, the detail that get me
confused is:

repr (container) => repr (elements)
str (container) => repr (elements)

Why cannot I, when I want the repr of a container, get the repr of its
elements, and when I want the str of a container, get the str of its
elements?

Thank you all.

.	Facundo