How to crash Python in 1 easy step (python 2.2.2)

Sybren Stuvel sybrenUSE at YOURthirdtower.imagination.com
Tue Jul 15 07:29:23 EDT 2003

Paul Miller enlightened us with:
> Anytime python is accepting keyboard input, whether it's with
> raw_input, or sitting on the command line waiting for the user to type
> code, you can crash python by holding ctrl+shift and then pressing
> enter.

sybren at sybren:sybren$ python
Python 2.2.3+ (#1, Jul  5 2003, 11:04:18)
[GCC 3.3.1 20030626 (Debian prerelease)] on linux2
>>> import sys
>>> sys.stdin.readline()

'\n'

As you can see, my python handles it just fine. I'm running Debian
Unstable on my box. Guess it isn't so unstable after all ;-) I started
python from an xterm managed by Fluxbox.

Sybren