win32com exception when trying to invoke IE 6.0

C. Martin icebeing1 at dslextreme.com
Fri Jul 25 14:53:03 EDT 2003

Hi all,

   I have a script where it goes around opening 30 Internet Exploder
windows
and uses one of them to browse 20 websites (and some of those sites
have
nasty pop-ups too, but what can you do?)

   Anyway, I'm running into the following exception:

refreshing website:  http://www.quicktime.com/
refreshing website:  http://www.hightimes.com/
refreshing website:  http://www.anonymizer.com/
refreshing website:  http://www.term-papers-4u.com/
refreshing website:  http://www.careerbuilder.com/
refreshing website:  http://www.ew.com/
refreshing website:  http://www.moviefone.com/
refreshing website:  http://www.tvguide.com/
refreshing website:  http://www.gambling.com/
refreshing website:  http://www.rotten.com/
refreshing website:  http://www.humorlinks.com/
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "D:\pyscripts\urlbrowse2.py", line 86, in ?
    b.Navigate(string.rstrip(url_list[u]))
  File "win32com\gen_py\EAB22AC0-30C1-11CF-A7EB-0000C05BAE0Bx0x1x1.py",
line 112
4, in Navigate
pywintypes.com_error: (-2147352567, 'Exception occurred.', (0, None,
None, None,
 0, -2147024726), None)

I have seen similar posts on this issue in the past, and I recall Mark
H. mentioning the script can wait for IE to finish loading a page
before terminating the browser.  I'm wondering if anyone out there has
found a solution to this problem?

Cheers, Charles M.