Why Python

Gerhard Häring gh at ghaering.de
Fri Jul 11 14:07:33 EDT 2003

Chuck Spears wrote:
>>There are, but if you're into thin GUI clients like VB6, there is no
>>direct equivalent.
>
> LOL.  Tell our VB guys who have to bundle VB6 runtimes, MDAC, and
> other assorted Activex controls with their apps how thin VB6 clients
> are.

I was mixing terms up. I was really meaning 'fat client' here (full
win32 GUI/database access, etc.) in contrast to a 'thin client'
(normally a browser-based interface with most processing happening on
the backend web-/database server)

> If you want a truly thin windows client, use Delphi or C++
> Builder.

Executable/runtime size is pretty much irrelevant under most
circumstances (read: intranets with scripted installs).

-- Gerhard