Python - if/else statements

dmbkiwi dmbkiwi at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 12 20:24:32 EDT 2003

On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 07:06:33 -0400, John Roth wrote:

> Is there anything consistent about either the version of
> Python these people are using, or the version of KDE?
> The reason I ask is that there are a lot of different
> versions out there, and while the Python maintainers
> are very good, some of them have subtle bugs. Likewise
> for KDE, and for various distributions.

I believe that they are using suse8.2, with python 2.2.3.  Not sure what
version of kde, but it will be either kde-3.1.1, or 3.1.2.

> I also second Bengt's comment about tabs. Outlook
> Express, for one, eliminates them so your code example
> is simply unreadable. The python standard coding style
> is to use 4 spaces for each level of indentation. Python
> aware editors supply them automatically when you hit
> the tab key.
>
> John Roth

Thanks for the tip.  I'll try to see if the editor I use (kate will do
that).  Might I also suggest that you use a better newsreader than OE (not
wanting to start anything here).  But there must be something better for
windows than that surely?  I know the pan developers have a windows port.

Matt