DOM as a flat dictionary

Christopher Boomer (don't dash!) c-b-o-o-m-e-r at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Jul 29 10:25:12 EDT 2003

Paul, Neil,

> > there is no way that you can tell whether /spam/eggs comes before
> > /spam/bacon in the original XML.
I'm not sure that the order is important in any of the documents I am
dealing with.  They tend to be relational data transmitted as XML, so the
ordering is much less important than the structure.

> You could make things more complicated:
No thanks!  My head is pickling enough at the moment.

> There are plenty of alternatives, so I hope one of them is useful. :-)
I was really hoping that someone would say """Don't be silly, you need to
use my module xsl:auto-map""", but I'm actually just grateful that nobody
said """that's as barmy an idea as there is."""  Perhaps I am on the right
track.  If I get something viable, I'll let you know.

Many thanks,
Christopher.