A challenge to the ASCII proponents.

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Fri Jul 18 00:57:36 EDT 2003

Ben Finney wrote:

> I think it looks like a series of identical question marks.
> Presumably
> you wrote it using a character set my terminal isn't using, and you
> had
> no way of instructing my computer to use.

When you see the right number of question marks, that usually means
whatever's processing it knows it's dealing with Unicode, but can't
display the glyphs.  So your terminal knows the character set, it just
doesn't have the glyphs in the font it's using.

/  \ Wretches hang that jurymen may dine.
\__/  Alexander Pope