ANN: zip-ls -- Zip file listing program

Dave Kuhlman dkuhlman at rexx.com
Fri Jul 18 20:29:59 EDT 2003

I've implemented a Zip file listing program that gives me some of
the listing and formatting options that I've wanted from "unzip
-l" and "unzip -Z".  It's written in Python using the zipfile
module from the Python standard library.

You can find it here:

    http://www.rexx.com/~dkuhlman/#zip-ls
    http://www.rexx.com/~dkuhlman/zip-ls.html
    http://www.rexx.com/~dkuhlman/zip-ls.zip

What is it?

*zip-ls* lists the contents of Zip files.  It provides controls
over which columns are displayed, whether totals are displayed,
sorting on various columns, etc.  *zip-ls* uses a configuration
file (~/.zip-lsrc), which enables the user to specify default
settings for command-line flags.

*zip-ls* is written in Python, making it very customizable.

If you have suggestions or need help with it, please let me know.

 - Dave

--
Dave Kuhlman
http://www.rexx.com/~dkuhlman