How to do raw Ethernet under Win32?

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Wed Jul 23 15:52:31 EDT 2003

In article <3f1ed31a$0$181$a1866201 at newsreader.visi.com>, Grant Edwards wrote:

> How does one do raw Ethernet under Win32?  Ultimately, I want
> to do it in a Python program, but if somebody can point me to a
> clue on how to do it from C, I could probably figure out the
> rest.

It looks like I can _almost_ do what I want with the python
wrapper around the windows pcap lib.  WinPcap has a
sendpacket() funcation which doesn't seem to be made visible by
the Windows version of pylibpcap, so that's something I'll have
to look into.

It's probably not the optimal way to receive packets, but I
only have to do a few.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  My DIGITAL WATCH
                                  at               has an automatic SNOOZE