Confusing automated translators.

Christos TZOTZIOY Georgiou tzot at sil-tec.gr
Tue Jul 22 13:13:06 EDT 2003

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 11:06:03 +0100, rumours say that Alan Kennedy
<alanmk at hotmail.com> might have written:

>I'd love to hear of other similar phrases. And somehow I intuit
>there's people in this ng who know lots of them :-)

No double meaning phrases here, but I recall an urban myth of some
american president trying the newest CIA super-secret automatic
translator to and fro russian, so whatever he says, gets translated to
russian and back to english.  He enjoys the machine a lot, and when some
assistant comes to remind him that the first lady is waiting for him, he
says "out of sight, out of mind...", only for the machine to call him
"invisible maniac" :)
--
TZOTZIOY, I speak England very best,