CGI script is in plain text

Alan Kennedy alanmk at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 4 11:37:45 EDT 2003

BMA TRADING wrote:

> [...]
                 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

D'oh! Missed that vitally important piece of the sentence. Sorry for
having to follow-up my own post.

Obviously, you're script is not being executed.

The best way to debug a CGI installation is to place the "cgi.py"
script itself in your own CGI directory. "cgi.py" is designed to be
used for exactly this purpose, and will render a HTML page with
valuable information about your python installation and web server
environment.

More importantly, "cgi.py" is a script that is *known* to work.

Recommended steps:

A. Find the installed location of the python on your system
B. Copy "cgi.py" from the Lib directory of that installation
C. Put it into your cgi-bin, or equivalent, directory.
D. Make sure the path on the shebang line matches the path of A.
E. Check that the necessary execute bits are set.
F: Try this URL

http://yourdomain.com/cgi-bin/cgi.py

or equivalent.

HTH,