Stop Python from exiting upon error in Windows

Robert at AbilitySys.com Robert at AbilitySys.com
Mon Jul 14 20:46:21 EDT 2003

Environment: Windows XP, Python 2.2.2

How can I stop the Python interpreter from exiting when an error occurs?

When I use IDLE (right click a .py file and choose Edit with IDLE) I can run
the app and read the errors in the interpreter window. But when I just
double-click on the .py file, it runs OK but the window closes at exit (how
to stop that? but not a problem if everything works), but also closes the
window after an error - way too fast for me to see what the error actually
was. I can Try/Except anything I can think of, but there are always errors I
didn't think of, and I'd like to see them, please... :)

- Robert