mx odbc

Kim Petersen kp at kyborg.dk
Tue Jul 8 09:52:52 EDT 2003

Regarding ODBC usage in Python...

it seems to me that there is a couple of ways to use odbc from python,
one of these is the MX version - now that one has a pretty steep licence
cost (imho). So now comes my question (from reading this group quite a bit):

	- what is the basic reason for using MX versus the others?
	- why do you (newsgroup) seem to think that this package is
           the preferred one?
	- in case above is incorrect - what package is preferred?

Note: i have nothing against paying for commercial products - but 75$'s
for a cpu licence (customer) or >1000$ for a developer single cpu, seems
to me to be a bit too steep, for a thing thats basically a requirement
for windows programming....

--
Med Venlig Hilsen / Regards

Kim Petersen - Kyborg A/S (Udvikling)